Monday, October 10, 2022

3 done and 6 more to go

 

I finished Block #2 for the Ravens quilt.  I'm not doing the blocks in order.  I'm just doing the ones I feel like doing at the time.  This one looks different with the darker left side of the pumpkin but it all blends in well when the other blocks are around it.  I was thinking about doing purple berries but that will have to wait for another block.  It feels good to have 3 of the blocks done.  I might be done by Christmas (wrong holiday!).  



I've got to get busy and decorate for Halloween or the night will have come and gone.  I have a few fall decorations out but I need to get serious.



My husband (the garden gnome) picked all his pumpkins last night for the grandkids to come and claim.  They are all close to the same size this year instead of giants or tiny ones.  Seven of them have been spoken for already.



 One of my previous quilt  tops got some piano key side borders recently.  It measured 60" X 90" and I wanted it wider so I added 12 1/2"  X 1 1/2" strips.  It looks like it got spilled into the living room.  I'm just going to tie it for a picnic or camp quilt.  Someone will like it, I'm sure.

I love the slant of the sun in October and I am really enjoying my mornings in the sunshine while I do my applique.  November will come soon enough with it's clouds and cooler temps but for now I'm just soaking it all in.

Robin

5 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Love all those raven blocks you have been creating! The piano key borders are perfect for the second quilt top. October is our favorite month too, the autumn foliage has been spectacular this year.

Julierose said...

Love your piano key bordered quilt--so pretty--i also love the Fall days--it's been quite cool here only low 40's in the mornings and not climbing out of the 50's all day long. Our trees are starting to dress in their autumn finery, too;0)
Enjoy your appliqueing in the sunshine. hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

You are finishing these blocks so quickly, Robin. This one looks great. And your stitching is invisible!
That's a great crop of pumpkins! It's strange that I don't claim orange as a favorite color yet I love the colors of pumpkins.
I forgot about tied quilts. For a while I thought of them as not-quite-real-quilts but I think there are times when tying is the perfect finish! Indeed, someone will love that quilt. It's delightful.
Autumn is my season and I, too, enjoy seeing the slant of light, especially watching as it changes throughout the day.

audrey said...

Your crow blocks always make me smile! And the string border on your quilt is a great touch. Absolutely someone will be thrilled to have the quilt! So much fun that your grandkids get to pick out pumpkins from your husbands garden. What a special treat for them. Really great memories for them.:)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You do sound like me...I am trying too to soak up the fresh air and the colourful views before a huge wind comes and the leaves fly and the cold settles in. Love to see these appliqued blocks and also your piano keys border which I'm sure anyone would love to have. Happy Stitching!

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...