Saturday, October 22, 2022

I have been asked to make 200 cinnamon rolls for an upcoming party in December.  So, I made up one batch of my favorite recipe to see how long it would take (4 hrs.), how many it would make (75+), and if I could make them ahead - would they still taste fresh.  We'll see how they are fresh-wise tomorrow.


Rolls all put together and rising.

The problem is that I need to have these made for a breakfast.  I may need to stay up through the "wee small" hours to get them all done.  

My husband volunteered me for this.  Part of me feels complimented and part of me thinks it's a lot to ask.    Oh well, they are pretty yummy.


Here they are frosted and ready to eat.




 I finished block #1 for The Raven" quilt.  I've got five blocks done so far.  This is like a full time job.

We had a beautiful sunrise this morning before the big storm blew in.  Winter has pushed autumn aside and we're expecting snow.

 I put the picture in my header above.

Robin

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your cinnamon rolls look delicious and I can imagine why your husband volunteered for you to make them--I'm sure they taste as delicious as they look. But gosh, 200!!! You are a super woman, Robin!
Your raven block looks wonderful. And the sky is beautiful. I seems not long ago that you had hot weather and no rain. October does seem early for a first snow.

Julierose said...

That's an awful lot of cinnamon rolls...maybe hubby could make some??
Your Raven block is so beautiful--I can see how it would be a full time job making these...good luck with that baking for the troops!!;000
Hugs, Julierose

Michele McLaughlin said...

That's a lot of work. Is he going to stay up with you while you bake? I do love your Raven blocks! Good luck with your decision about the rolls--they look delicious but I do think hubby needs to assist!

Janet O. said...

Oh, they look good!
I have never had to make more than three trays of cinnamon rolls at a time, and that seemed like a lot! And that was in my previous life before celiac disease. The photo of your frosted rolls makes my mouth water!
Another gorgeous block for your festive quilt. :)

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...