Monday, December 11, 2023

Just a quick opinion question




 I finished my center for the Quiltyfolk SAL and was anxious to get started on the next step.  Since that prompt has been postponed I decided to put centers on my hollyhocks.  I got the dark pink centers appliqued and was planning on putting little yellow circles as well.

I made the tiniest of circle and didn't really like how it looked.  AND what a nuisance to make.

So I thought I'd maybe just use some doll clothes buttons.  But, now that I have two sewn on.  I think I like it's better without the buttons.  What do you think?

Now, I need to go make some fudge.

Robin

Changed my mind again. . .  

 I decided the buttons give the blossom depth and so I sewed the rest on.  It looks great.  

7 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I think they're kind of cute, how about scattering them around so some flowers have them and others don't.

Linda said...

I really like them, but I wouldn't want to have to sew them on. I'd rather eat your fudge - lol!

JustGail said...

This thought is something for the next project...IF you had your heart set on yellow fabric centers, would it have been a tiny bit easier to apply them to the dark pink centers before adding the dark pink centers to the flowers?

Good call on using the buttons. Without them, the flowers seem rather...flat. Though some of that could be fixed with quilting?

Jeanne said...

My vote is 'yes buttons' :)

Nancy said...

I love the little dot of yellow in the centers. It brings the whole flower to life. But I'm not a fan of buttons on quilts (it's just me...) and think them a nuisance for a quilt that will be used as a quilt. If it were mine and I were adding yellow centers I might try a small satin stitched circle or an X with more lines across, or maybe even a small cluster of French knots. You should choose what you love, though. I love the little stars in the centers!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love these buttons and you are right, they add depth. This is a wonderful center panel for the BB QAL, Robin.

Mystic Quilter said...

I agree with you, it had to be the buttons, very effective.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...