Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Over and back

I was working on the Blind's Man Fancy blocks and got bogged down in the tiny flying geese units.  For some reason I put it aside and started madly trying to finish the project below.

You know how sometimes you are just ready for a project to be over.  It isn't that you don't like it or are not enjoying the process.  You are just anxious to start something new.

Well, I am over and back with this project.  It's time to be done. 

Hexie project started June 2014

7 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a stunning quilt this will be! I love your border choice!

Jeanne said...

Yes, I also need to switch gears like that sometimes. The hexies are going to be gorgeous!

Cathy said...

I too have been there and done that. I love what you are working on. Hugs

Nancy said...

I know exactly what you mean, Robin. (I'm to that point quilting Little Rubies and I'm not even a quarter of the way finished!) Those blocks, that border! The colors are so beautiful together. You probably had the border in mind when you chose the colors for the stars, didn't you? I sometimes wish I worked that way -- not just thinking through the whole quilt at the beginning but actually making choices at the beginning. I guess I'm more of an improv quilter in that way. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of this quilt.

audrey said...

Oh yes. And it's usually best to capitalize on that momentum.:) This one will be worth the effort for sure!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It does help me to switch projects. I know I get more quilting done when I should be doing something else. Your hexies are pretty!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking amazing! I too find that juggling a few projects helps, stops me getting too stuck or bored.

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...