Thursday, January 30, 2020

It's the 30th



Well. . . . .

One of the things Alice found as she fell down the rabbit hole was a map on one of the shelves along the sides of the hole.  I thought that might be fun to include in the quilt.  The only map fabric I had was of the United States in a muted color.  I decided to use it anyway and choose fabrics that might accent it.

I used the flowers and leaves from Block #4.  I embroidered the narrow vines instead of appliqueing them.

From the get-go this block had a life of it's own.

I'm not sure it really goes with the rest of the Alice Jane Blue/Celebrating Mary Brown blocks but it's done and I'm moving on.

Be sure and check out the others that are participating in this Celebrating Mary Brown SAL.  And if you'd like to join along just contact Karen at Log Cabin Quilter.

Karen at Log Cabin Quilter
Jennie at  Over the Hill and Running
Julie K. at Julie K. Quilts
Cathy B. at Big Lake Quilter
Nanette at Do it right Quilter
 Rebecca at Quilting in a Polar Bear Garden
and Jan who also shows her work with Nanette.

Until next month,
Robin


5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! So creative. It will work right in with your other blocks just fine. I look forward to your next block.

Cathy said...

I love your fabrics and your creativity. Hugs

Rebecca in AK said...

I love it! So creative and imaginative. You will bee telling Alice’s story throughout the quilt.

Janet O. said...

A very clever incorporation of the map. The fabrics look lovely and it is another nice connection to your Alice in Wonderland theme.

Jennie in GA said...

Love your imaginative and creative take on Mary!

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...