Saturday, January 4, 2020

Merrily we roll along



#1   I finished this quilt in early January 2019.  I had almost finished it by Christmas 2018 but not quite.


On my bed


So, after waiting 11 months I excitedly put it on my bed at the beginning of December and it just wasn't right.  I couldn't sleep comfortably under it.  I loved it but something was amiss.

I offered Christmas quilts to my youngest son and this is one of the ones he picked out.  It went where it was supposed to go.  He was thrilled.


On my son's bed


#2   I finally quilted this little quilt.  It is so simple but still quite festive.  It is a pattern by Cheri Payne.




#3   After removing the top and bottom border I finished quilting this quilt started in 2015.


It had that wide red border on all four sides and it was just too much

                                                     It was given to one of my DILs.







#4   I made a universe quilt for the only one of my grandchildren that didn't have a quilt made by grandma.  He was lucky, he got to pick out the fabric - the rest had to just take what they were given.





#5   I quilted this bunny quilt from 2014.  It is a pattern by Jan Patek.  I quilted it in time for Easter and it went up on the wall.  Such a cute springy quilt.




#6   Here is my map challenge from AHIQ.  It is a map of the a mile square in Logan, Cache, Utah with buttons on it for each Swiss/German speaking family from the 1910 Census.




#7   I quilted the wheel of fortune quilt for a friend.  Wish I had a better picture of this quilt because it really is a pretty one with the broderie perse around the outside.




#8   I finally quilted my Baskets, Berries, and Leaves quilt.  The pattern is by Jan Patek and Alma Allen.




This has been hanging around in my closet for a long time.  I love the way it turned out.






#9   I repaired and finished quilting this Grandmother's garden quilt for my SIL.




#10   I quilted the Zip a dee doo dah quilt and donated it to Quilts without borders.




#11   I finished quilting this cute little star quilt that has been waiting since 2008.  It was given to another one of my DILs. (I have 5 of them)





That is eleven quilts completed last year.  I usually only get about 6 done so this feels good.  Many of them were vintage UFO's.  That felt good too.

Robin


9 comments:

Cathy said...

So much eye candy. I love the quilt on your bed. Hugs

Jennie in GA said...

Lots of really nice finishes there! I think my favorite is Baskets, Berries and Leaves. Happy stitching in 2020!

Sandy said...

Wow, Robin, what an accomplishment getting all those quilts done! Hand quilting the baskets and berries quilt in itself would be a monumental task. And what a beautiful job! Your quilting is perfect, and the resulting quilt is stunning. So many great quilts. Your family members and friends are truly blessed to have you "create" for them.

Sandy said...

ps I just took a closer look at the red quilt on its frame. I've never seen a a frame like that for hand quilting. The way its so evenly "stretched" (no bunching) and the way its tilted, for ease. What a brilliant idea.

Ann said...

So many accomplishments. I especially like the map quilt. You were clever to add the census data. The fabrics are beautiful as always. I also thought your Christmas quilts was lovely and am sorry it didn't feel right on your bed. Good thing your son wanted it.

Janet O. said...

I am very impressed. So many lovely finishes! I can't even get one big quilt hand quilted in a year. The one currently in the hoop has been there an embarrassing number of YEARS!

Karen said...

So many really good quilt finishes! Love the Jan Patek quilts. I have started a new Jan design and have more planned for this year. Wish we lived close together. I would love to see and touch your quilts in person.

Nancy said...

You are so prolific, Robin! And such beautiful finishes, all just lovely.

dq said...

Wow Wow super wow! You did so much!! I really love the 1st one that you tried to sleep under but didn't feel right. It is spectacular!

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...