Saturday, October 31, 2020

A border and a finish



I finished all the applique for the All Around The Town.  I'll have got get another picture when the border has been sewn on.  I didn't want to buy anything new so I tried all my pieces of fabric that were big enough and the only thing that looked like what I wanted was just a little too short.  So, inspite of wanting to use up what I have. . . thank goodness Etsy came through for me.  I found a piece of Michael Miller Krystal in Royal blue.  It should be here today and then I can sew it on and celebrate a finish.




I also finished the quilting for the Blitzen Stars quilt.    This quilt was easy to quilt and went together fast but because I was so busy doing applique on the "Town" quilt above - I wasn't doing the hand quilting on this one.  So, it took me 2 months to finish it.


Now, I need to crawl around the floor (ha!) and get the next quilt read to go on the frames.  It always takes longer than I want it too.




These are the decorations for just one house down the street.  They always go all out for Halloween and the decoration stay up till the Tyrannosaurus gets decorated for Christmas.



 


The Tyrannosaurus stays up all year round.

Have a happy and safe Halloween.

Robin

8 comments:

Julierose said...

I love how your All Around Town finished up!! Boy there sure is a whole lot of appliqueing on this one!! Beautiful job hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Blitzen stars is a beautiful finish! Looks like your neighbors are in Halloween overdrive. There will be nothing here except the halloween blue moon!

Janet O. said...

All Around the Town is really fun, Robin.
Blitzen Stars looks very festive. I can't imagine quilting that in 2 months. Any large quilt I have hand quilted has taken over a year--sometimes 2 or 3 (or more).
That is quite the Halloween display. I put three electric pumpkins on my porch tonight--that was it. But we live in the country and everyone goes to the trunk-or-treat at the church. We had no trick-or-treaters.

Karen said...

The pumpkin tree in your neighbor's yard is a very good idea. We don't see many Halloween/fall decorations here in the yards. And even less this year. I miss that.

I am looking forward to seeing the border fabric you were waiting on.

kathiquilts said...

glad to hear you bought the "right" fabric for your border - that quilt is so lovely, it would have been a shame not to have the border that will be perfect for it. Can't wait to see it with the border that "completes" your wonderful quilt!

Nancy said...

Your All Around the Town is such a beautiful finish, Robin. I know you have borders yet, but the center is just fabulous! I especially like quilts where the orientation of blocks with images puts the bottom of the block on the outside edge of a quilt. It makes sense to me: when on a bed, the sides hang down and the images are right-side up.

I continue to be amazed at how many people put up Halloween decorations these days, and expensive ones, at that. When I was a kid we might see pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns on steps but that was about it. Halloween is my least favorite holiday, though I loved how they celebrated October 31 and November 1 in El Salvador.

Blitzen is beautiful. I love the green/aqua sashing.

marina said...

Two beautiful quilts!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful finishes, love All Around town! the Halloween decorations are over the top wonderful!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...