Monday, January 8, 2024

Winter all week

This is the forecast for this coming week.  It makes it look like we will be pounded with snow.  What it will be like for us will be snow sifting down gradually and melting in between times.  But, the mountains will get at least 40" by the end of the week.



Look how the snow sparkles in the moonlight.  These are not an enhanced photos.  And it's much more dazzling in person.










                             A sweet little crescent moon and Venus reflecting light off of the snow.



 I'm still working on the "build-a-quilt" from my previous 2 posts.  I've got 60 4-patches for another border.  I only need 102 more.  The fabric is getting used up. . . the whole point of this project.

Have a great frosty day.

Robin

4 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The snow is just so beautiful. I miss it! Great and cozy for quilting. Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Oh how I miss snow - the look, the feel, the quiet, the crunch! Your 4 patches look pretty.

Denice Barker said...

Winter has finally showed up in Michigan, too. We are expecting a foot of snow tomorrow. I guess it's time to do all of those projects I say I'm saving for January!

Nancy said...

I wish we were having snow here in Central Ohio! But I'm so glad you're getting snow. The western states need it so badly!
What a beautiful snow photograph. It's amazing that you captured the sparkles!
You're making good progress on your "build-a-quilt," Robin. It will be fun to see the next photos.

Not much sewing around here

The time for getting new flooring is almost here.   This is my tiny living room that no longer has that carpet on the floor.  My husband tor...