Saturday, January 27, 2024

Bramble Blooms Pt. 2 done


I finished the border around the center of my Bramble Blooms SAL.  The prompt asked us to repeat something from the center.  There are obviously pink blooms from the corners of baskets liners (see previous post) but I was mostly trying to repeat the blue circle around the hollyhocks in the center by using circles in the border.  The lovely machine appliqued flowers are really a bonus.  

We were also asked to use quarter square triangles for the cornerstones.  The example blocks were just to angular for this piece.  So I chose to make hourglass blocks and put more appliqued circles in their center.  

I'm looking forward to the next prompt



 And I leave you with a peek of the peak of Mt. Olympus across the valley. 
 I am lucky to have such wonderful views.

Robin

16 comments:

Cathy said...

I love it.

Julierose said...

Oh that is so pretty--you did a great job following her instructions...me, not so much...I may do a couple circle appliqued flowers to the top and bottom..we'll see how that goes..Nice job!! Hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Looking great! I just noticed how your flowers in the center echo the shape of the flowers in the lower left quadrant of the background. So much fun to discover these little things!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Robin! It looks like spring to me.
Your view above the clouds is amazing!

Linda said...

Perfect choices! Such a pretty piece.

Katie said...

This is so pretty and I love the circles in the border. Perfect!

Denice Barker said...

I love your choices! I haven't gotten to the applique part yet but do have the borders on and am very grateful this is an "interpretive" project.

Jeanne said...

This is enchanting!

audrey said...

This is amazing! Loving your colors and how the blue circle in the center just seems to make everything look a little brighter!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful work on your SAL, Robin!
I love the pillowy, billowy clouds embracing the mountain!

Janie said...

Well done! Thanks for sharing your process. I enjoy reading about the thoughts and decisions that go into a project. And I am reminded what the next steps are !

Mystic Quilter said...

Robin, I remember writing a comment her on your beautiful Bramble Blooms part 2 - I wonder now if I didn't press publish - did you ever receive? The use of the pieces from the liner corners was a great idea, I like the new size.

Julierose said...

Your BB1 is so lovely--I like all the soft colors in your version--isn't it fun watching how everyone works through this? I am very challenged--but hanging in there...hugs, Julierose

Paulette said...

Very clever to pull those pretty pink florals into the border and repeat the circle shape. I think it's lovely!

audrey said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet quilt with the link party! It really has a lovely vibe.:)

Ann said...

Lovely colors. Hollyhocks are a favorite of mine. I love yours.

Not much sewing around here

The time for getting new flooring is almost here.   This is my tiny living room that no longer has that carpet on the floor.  My husband tor...