Sunday, May 3, 2020

Pandemic Spring

Wisteria by my front porch

The virus cannot ruin spring.  Everything is blooming and enjoying the rain.


These are current blossoms

One lone (late) tulip

Even the grapevines look like they are blooming with those pink buds.

The rhubarb decided it wanted to be included - silly plant.

Love the lilacs

Arial view of the Bleeding Heart and violets (post blooming)


Violets blooming previously


Previous daffodils


There is such beauty this time of year.  I have a hard time being discouraged when I see nature smiling all around me.
Robin

5 comments:

Julierose said...

You have some lovely blooming things all around your house...;)))
I love that wisteria...so pretty and graceful....
~ ~ ~ waving in the late day sun Julierose

Janet O. said...

Oh, how pretty everything is at your place, Robin. I had hundreds of daffodils, but failed to get photos. The ones on the north side of the house are just fading.
I have a tiny wisteria plant, but it can't stay where it is and I have no idea where to put it in my yard. The good places for it are already taken.
You are way ahead of us in blooms, for only being 2 hours south! Of my 16 or so (I lose count) lilac bushes, I just noticed blooms on the top of one of them today. Love the bleeding heart. Grew up with those in our yard. Tried unsuccessfully to grow them out here.
What a lovely yard you must have. Thanks for sharing your blossoms!

Nancy said...

There's such beauty in your yard, Robin. The wisteria is gorgeous and the lilacs -- how I wish we had a few bushes as we did at our previous home. They are one of my favorite flowers. Our daffodils bloomed a few weeks ago but our violets are a delight of purple just now. Spring does encourage our spirits! Thanks for sharing your beauties.

Karen said...

I think Wisteria is oh so pretty. I wanted to plant one when we lived in South Carolina but several people discouraged me from it. Said to be prepared for it to take over the whole yard.

Elaine said...

Your Lilac is gorgeous! It's been a wonderful year for lilacs here too, isn't it wonderful how nature just keeps giving

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...