Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Hourglass prompt


When the prompt was given to make something using the hourglass block this quilt came to mind.  Isn't it fabulous?  I've saved this picture for years and it looks like it would be so fun to make and think of all the scraps it would use up.

Finished! | nifty quilts | Bloglovin’

By Niftyquilts.blogspot.com  
It was on pinterest. . . 

But, every time I examined the picture to figure out how to put it together I got a little discouraged.  I knew I would have fun making the top but I didn't think it would be very fun to hand quilt (which is what I do).  

I also thought that none of my kids would want it - they aren't really in to improv  or non-distinguishable patterns or wonky blocks.

In fact my oldest son sent me a picture over the weekend of a quilt they were using to block the sun at a window (they were at his in-laws and wanted to sleep in).  He asked me what the pattern was and why it was a little off.  

It was determined that it wasn't a handmade quilt so the workmanship wasn't exacting and the fabrics had probably shrunk differently when washed.

He said, "I'm used to your quilts, I've turned into a quilt snob!"

I think that was a compliment?
Robin

No comments:

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...